Monday 29 January 2018

Sydney Weekend

A long weekend and a trip to Sydney, stopping at a lovely  park in Berry along the way
...........being a public holiday on the Friday my favourite embroidery shop and a patchwork shop I frequently visit on any trip between Sydney and home were closed - maybe a blessing in disguise?? Didn't even make it on the way home on the Sunday as they were shut by the time I was coming through....Oh No!!
The occasion for this Sydney weekend and for the family congregating at our parents place again was to celebrate my sister Linda's birthday with a Saturday morning brunch....... here we are with the birthday girl in the middle, our parents, my sister Vivien, her husband Graham and a very, very close family friend who is considered "family". 
And.... just to make sure we all keep the "innner child" within us alive - I made up lolly bags and our party "favours" were glow in the dark bracelets!
Now that my secret sewing has been gifted I can show you what I made.....an Anni Downs pattern......
the front......
the back......
the inside....
After an afternoon siesta a few of us headed into the city to see Vox Clamantis at the Sydney Recital Centre - the concert being part of the Sydney Festival and the group being Estonian (our family's heritage) made it a "must see"..... here we are enjoying pre-show drinks.....
The weekend wasn't over yet....a bit of retail therapy on Sunday morning for Linda & I - followed by a cup of tea - no photo we were too busy talking!! .....
The weekend over.... I headed home, Linda is staying for another week before heading back up the North Coast and Vivien and Graham are back home in the Southern Highlands....... till our next get together! 

I have some more secret sewing happening so will be back soon to update on the progress and "yarn" about anything else of interest!
Happy Stitching
Asta


No comments:

Post a Comment