Sunday 8 January 2017

A New Year!

Well...before we too far into 2017 I'd better update a bit with what I have been up to.......
It was lovely having Linda, Mum and Dad here - it's been a while since they were here for Christmas - usually I'm the one travelling to either Sydney or to my other sister's place in the Southern Highlands.....(Vivien and her husband had gone to Adelaide so were unable to join us)....

Linda decided to do some gardening while visiting....didn't think my garden was that bad!
But.... I did take her to one of my favourite shops - Steph's Fabrics in Moruya where we enjoyed a cup of coffee before browsing through the tempting shelves of fabrics and bits and pieces....and of course making some small purchases.....

.......We had afternoon teas out 

........leisurely time to read......
..... also finished Magda Szubanski's  book "Reckoning" - which I thoroughly enjoyed - Mum then borrowed the book and I forgot to take a photo. 
Since my family left I've had another week off work spent catching up with a dear friend, Liz,  from Sydney.....over many cups of tea and lunch at our Botanical Gardens......
here we're up to afternoon tea! 
And..... I have actually done some stitching - the first real stitching for quite some time! I enrolled in a class at Steph's Fabrics - since I work full-time it's not something I get to do too often but found one that was offered while I was on holidays......
this is the class sample! And......
here is my work in progress....... very relaxing - just have to decide what stitch I might do and what colour!! 

Over the next few blogs I will "chat" about my wonderful overseas holiday last September with both Hayley and Megan and put up some photos.... hope it won't bore my readers but as I make my blog into a printed journal I really can't let that amazing holiday go by without being mentioned!! 

Hope everyone has started the New Year "creatively"!! 
Asta


2 comments:

  1. Happy 2017......the new stitch project looks interesting......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you Asta. I do love your new stitching project. So nice have a great big read xx

    ReplyDelete