Saturday 24 December 2016

Merry Christmas & A Sad Loss

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I was here - I think nearly 4 months!! My wonderful holiday has come and gone - it was an amazing shared time with both Hayley and Megan.. and I will be back to post a selection of photos over the coming weeks. 
On my return I came back to a house with a wonderful face-lift - having been fully painted inside and bathrooms partially renovated but..... everything that had been packed away for this to happen then had to come back out...... a decision was made to de-clutter at the same time!! Well.... after numerous trips to the op-shop and tip I started to make headway in this enterprising project which seemed to be taking a lot longer than I originally thought and, together with my return to work, there just didn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get back to my blog..... 
Things were just getting back to normal when my dear Mum ended up in hospital with an unexpected heart condition requiring me to spend some time in Sydney before a pace maker was the answer we needed and now she's well on the way to full recovery!! 

Then just a couple of days ago our beautiful Mezzie left us for his "forever journey" - he had been a part of our family for 18 years!! Mezzie had a beautiful soul and returned our love ten-fold...... everyone - from friends visiting to the passers-by in the street - was his "best friend" ......

Always finding the perfect spot to lounge about .....

...... always ready for a cuddle!

And Dora's "big brother".......

We will miss our much loved Mezzie.....
"What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us"  (Helen Keller)

And so this Christmas I have my parents and one of my sisters, Linda, visiting while Hayley and her partner enjoy Christmas at home in Queensland and Megan and her partner have a white Christmas in the French Alps.
Now all that's left is to wish you a Merry Christmas - may it be enjoyed with those you love and hope 2017 brings good health and happiness.
Asta


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss. Sad when a pet has been a part of your life for so long. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with some of your family. Good luck with the decluttering! I so need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of Mezzie's passing Asta. I hope you are enjoying your Christmas with your Family!

    ReplyDelete