Monday 16 May 2016

... and 2 weeks later...

Yes....time does fly and here it is just over 2 weeks since I was last here!.... a bit of catching up to do....

Well the needles were clicking away after my purchase of wool and a knitting book....
 to this.....

 then after felting to drying into shape......
 ...still drying as we speak but hoping it does stay in shape as a little bowl! 
Mug mats were finished a couple of weeks ago but had to be "gifted" before I could show them here.....
 ...using one of Anni's patterns from Gossip in the Garden - a mug mat for my friend Dzintra for her birthday and using hexagons (love EPP!) a mug mat for my dear Mum for Mother's Day.....

And talking about Mother's Day - my "travelling overseas" daughter Megan - now in England as her working stint in the French Alps finished mid-April -  sent me her Mother's Day message from a break wall in Kent!...
(Last year it was a big cardboard sign from Sweden!) 

 My secret sewing is still on-going.....
 ...but just today I handed it over to be quilted - and hopefully should have it back early next week to sew on the binding - this is being "gifted" at the end of the month so you could say we are under a little pressure here!!
                                                This.....

is now finished and I can tick off my book challenge list "a book with a number in the title". I did a bit of research about the title following on from a comment on my last blog and discovered that this book was published in England in 1939 under this title, in 1940 in United States under the title of "Ten Little Indians" and over the following years has been published and written as a play under the title of "And Then There Were None".....(thanks to Google) 
Our local theatre's latest production which I'm stage managing has now started so rehearsals are over - they always seem to take up so much more time than the actual show and except for the occasional Sunday matinee most shows are in the evenings so weekends are free again....time once more to catch up with friends over lunch... 


And if the sun hasn't quite got there yet climb to a higher spot!

Happy Stitching.... and thanks for visiting!
Asta

2 comments:

  1. So many amazing projects you have been busy . 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my little mug rug Asta....in my sewing room and getting used!

    ReplyDelete