Saturday 5 March 2016

FNWF

The first Friday in March and it was time for a catch up with blogging friends.......
....but first I caught up with my friend Dzintra after work.....over a couple of drinks at a new local restaurant....
Earlier in the week I had met up with friends for a dinner at the same restaurant..... a lovely outlook over the river and our local marina....
...........this one from a distance

Back to Friday night..... I'm starting a"secret" sewing project so spent time doing some calculations for extra border fabric required - the rest had been "stashed" away for quite some time!
 Once that was sorted it was time for a bit of stitching - what else but my Nature's Journey quilt! The weather has been so warm that hand stitching with a quilt over the knees was not even a consideration so it has taken some time to get the binding finished but this time I was on a mission!!
with a little interruption when these 2 decided my lap was a very comfy spot to have a nap!

....the last stitch was in sight! ....though I still have the label to do for the back...then I will "announce" it finished! 

Saturday and it was time to head to Stephs Fabrics to purchase fabric for my "secret" project..... driving along the beautiful Moruya River on the way.....

Steph has now added a coffee bar to her "inspirational" shop....... opening onto the street and into her shop .....
One of Stephs assistants 

Steph on the the left and her barista
......What a coincidence that I should run into a like-minded friend, Mary.... Now I really had an excuse to stay and enjoy a coffee....the problem being that you can gaze over the lovely fabrics and contemplate whether you really need to buy more.... I did resist.... at least till next time!!
 A quick stop at an op-shop and another book was found for my book challenge "a book about an ocean".... pictured here with just a very sneaky peek at the fabric purchased....
Then time to head off to a luncheon date with a dear friend, Barb, but no photos - we were too busy chatting as we hadn't caught up for quite some time!  

On the agenda for the rest of the weekend? Dropping into a rehearsal for the play I'm stage managing - still not a lot for me to do yet....hopefully get my label made for Nature's Journey quilt.....maybe a spot of gardening - the "green" waste bin gets picked up this week so I feel I should fill it!.... And - checking in on what others were up to on Friday night!

Happy Stitching
Asta

5 comments:

  1. Hello Asta,

    What a lovely week you had, the refreshments at the sewing shop is a great idea. Enjoy reading the book.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have coffeed in some lovely spots....always nice with friends....one in the fabric shop would definitely be dangerous lol! Well done on getting your binding done. I'm a fan of Di Morrisey but I haven't read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spot to have a sit, sip and chat. I have read that book and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place for a drink or coffee...well done on the quilt!! I have also read this book and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good catch up Asta! Great minds think alike....I'm reading that book next in the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete