Sunday 13 March 2016

A Finish and Nowra Quilt Show

I can now say that my Nature's Journey quilt is finally complete.......
 and even the label is on the back!
After some thought I decided to note it as finished in 2015 - the quilt top was completed then but it took me much longer to decide whether to hand quilt or get it machine quilted - by the time the decision was made Jenny had quite a few Xmas orders so I waited till January....then it became too hot to do a lot of hand sewing but eventually my binding was on!

During the past week I also went to the movies to see "The Lady in the Van" - a lovely movie with the lead played by Maggie Smith -  no-one else could have played the part!
Another book challenge was ticked off "A book to read in a day"
a "feel good" story read in just over 4 hours!

Then it was Saturday and time for my annual trip up to the Nowra Quilt Exhibition to catch up with a couple of "long time" friends.... this time a 4th member of our group was able to come....... it had been over 30 years since we had all been together!
(the one in pink was our "4th" friend......... the lady in the middle and her family moved to Tasmania)... we are now working on getting her here 
too!...so here we are, 4 of the 5, some 30 years later at the exhibition.....
There were some very inspirational quilts...a couple of my favourites...
this was called "Antique Sampler" the label said "Sue Daley" so I presume it must be one of her patterns..and a close up
....a stunning quilt in the Bargello design....

This year they also had a pillow exhibition (last year's was tea cosies)....this was my favourite....... 
And what show is not complete without a bit of retail therapy..........additions to my stash for "Gossip In The Garden" quilt.

Sunday morning.....some time spent at a theatre rehearsal and the day finished off with a short 5 minute walk from my house.....
down a little bush track......
to my local beach for a late afternoon dip
Autumn is very overdue so perhaps I may still get another swim in - though cooler weather would be very welcome!

Till next time
Happy Stitching
Asta



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely weekend Asta. So miss that special beach.

    ReplyDelete