Monday 8 February 2016

During the Past Week......

It was really lovely having Hayley home from Queensland - even if it was only briefly.... a week between a friend's hens night and wedding... her partner Mark arrived (with these flowers)  a couple of days later....
 Told her I would sneak this photo in of her with her face mask the morning of the wedding...
and here they both are at the wedding....
Meanwhile, the senior member (17 yrs old)  of our feline family had not been very well but after a couple of days at the vets he started to recover.... here is Mezzie convalescing on my lap - on top of the batik quilt I'm now sewing the binding on.... getting there!  
And... Megan sent some more photos over from Les Gets - she is now half way through what she calls her "French Alps Adventure" .... her contract as chef finishing at end of April,  I think! Here are just a few of the photos....


Today the postman delivered this......
.... after 2 years of blogging I decided to have it made into a journal that can be enjoyed as a book....it was interesting to look back and see what I've been doing and stitching. 

I've been asked to stage manage the next production for our local theatre group.... it is voluntary but is something extra to add to my agenda - at least for the first few months of the year with rehearsals usually taking up time on weekends and after work..... valuable stitching time!..... never mind - they were unexpectedly left without a stage manager.... 

Not a lot of stitching over the past week but time has also been spent reading and I should add that my Nature's Journey quilt is ready to be picked up from the quilters so will be back soon to give you an update! Till next time.....
Happy Stitching
Asta

No comments:

Post a Comment