Monday 19 October 2015

Catch Up

A visit to my sister's place at Bundanoon a couple of weekends ago - catching up with mum and dad as well who were also visiting from Sydney..... Vivien, mum and I hit the Bowral shops for a bit of retail therapy.... and they don't even have a patchwork shop! Followed by a leisurely afternoon back "home" - enjoying a cup of tea and starting a new book - the film starts shortly and I prefer to read the book before seeing the movie!
 A stroll around my sister's garden.... she has one of those wonderful rambling sort of gardens.....


Saturday night and it was time to head down to the local Bundanoon hall and listen to a wonderful piano recital by Gerard Willems it was amazing! The "Arts Bundanoon" group bring in musicians to play at their local hall...... the poster on one of the shop windows....
And a photo of mum with Gerard.... she is a retired piano teacher (retired t 80!) and was "over the moon" after having a chat with Gerard!

 I had taken stitching to do but returned Sunday with not a stitch been done!

And must mention that my dad pictured here with mum celebrated his 93rd birthday during this past week! A real milestone and still going strong!

A week later and this book is finished...  a thoroughly enjoyable book with a surprise ending! ... now to wait for the movie. 

Also have been to see the movie"Oddball" what a great "feel-good" Australian movie based on true events! 
 ...and I am back to the Nature's Journey quilt which I haven't touched for couple of weeks - just seemed to have lost interest in it for a while - just needed a break? - anyway, I am back enjoying the "journey" again and there should be more regular updates on the progress! 

That's about it for now....
Happy Stitching
Asta

No comments:

Post a Comment