Sunday 16 August 2015

Catching Up!

Since I was last here I have completed the centre applique block on the Nature's Journey quilt......
... and made another "fabric" basket for a friend's birthday.....
Later in the week there was a funeral to attend for an elderly family friend - he'd had a good life reaching 101 yrs and 4 days! I detoured to Sydney via Bundanoon (Southern Highlands) from where my sister and I travelled together.
An extra day away was spent at her place..... enjoying a rather brisk Winter's day....
....but with signs of Spring in her garden.....







and alongside the road out of Bundanoon .......
On the way home a detour to Spotlight.... some of their Christmas fabrics are already in and a few balls of wool for another  crocheted project I have in mind! 
Sunday morning... and yes! It does look like a lovely day outside.....
.... will just have to sit out on the deck and finish reading this book .....
I really enjoy Kate Morton's books - have also read "The Shifting Fog" and "The Forgotten Garden" ...  I have another of her books in my "books to be read" bookcase but I think I will choose something else next.......
Later in the afternoon fabrics came out ready to cut up for the next part of the Nature's Journey quilt.....
.... I did end up changing one of the fabrics and they all did get cut.... but I didn't think to take any more photos before stacking them up ready to start sewing together during the week!









Will be back with more progress on NJ and any other creation I may be working on .....

Happy Stitching
Asta 


1 comment:

  1. NJ is looking great..........yes the signs of spring are starting to appear......

    ReplyDelete