Thursday 8 January 2015

Catching Up!

Well, where has the time gone - especially when you are on holidays!
I had a lovely Christmas day with both my girls - meals being well taken care of by daughter No 2 who is a chef.... all I had to do was help out with the shopping! 
A couple of days later I left for Sydney where I enjoyed a 2nd Christmas celebration and saw the New Year in with the rest of my family. A few restful days were spent in Sydney including a couple of trips to Spotlight for their sales and a leisurely afternoon tea at Burnt Orange in Mosman.....

My Mum and I at the entrance.....

and a view of the Manly ferry going past....... 


(This building was the Mosman Golf Club in 1924 till the onset of World War 2 when the army resumed the land and in 2001 the building and military land transferred to the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust....where now we can all enjoy a lunch or afternoon tea!)

On the sewing side I have been "creating" and didn't realise till the other day that I had missed OPAM for December and also - heaven forbid! - FNWF!! - although I was in Sydney at the time!....and days can roll into one when one is on holidays!! 
So... here are a few finishes that I couldn't show earlier as they were gifts....

... Another fabric basket....

Pattern - Anni Downs

....Christmas hanging - stitched in red with a grey cat as the friend to whom it was going to has a grey cat....couldn't resist when I saw the pattern - may have to make one for myself with my 2 x ginger cats - though I think it will be a bit squishy!

Pattern - Gail Pan
... and a pin cushion from Gail Pan's book "Patchwork Loves Embroidery"

Since being home .... a little bit of stitching....

and some reading - finished this great book... thoroughly enjoyed it - thought provoking - can understand why it has won a couple of literary awards....

... am now reading (I should say re-reading - first read about 40 yrs ago!) something different -  The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien - a completely different story line and, yes, I have seen the movies.

Today I joined up with Stitch-a-Long for 2015... thought about it for quite some time but the temptation was too great!! I'm also working on "Gossip in the Garden" and was a bit concerned the colours of both may be the same as I am using fabrics from my stash for both... will just have to be resourceful and try and make one different from the other! 

Back to work next week - will try and do some sewing during my few remaining days of holidays.... and will be back sooner rather than later!

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2015 - may it be a productive year as well!
Happy Stitching
Asta





1 comment:

  1. lots happening here.............welcome to the SAL............I am sure you will be able to make your quilts look different...........

    ReplyDelete