Monday 28 April 2014

Hello...back from Sydney

A  relaxing week was spent in Sydney last week - catching up with my mum & dad - one in their 80's the other in their early 90's.... and still in their own home!

I did do some stitching, reading and knitting while I was away - as you would have seen by my earlier post I was certainly prepared for whatever I felt like doing... lunches out with my mum and some shopping......
Here... a haberdashery shop which my mum went to when a teenager - still owned by the same family! 


 And here..... Cottage Quiltworks at Warriewood....this was the display that greeted you as you walked into this lovely shop.....


 There were so many lovely fabrics and I did buy a couple of pieces but this was my "special" buy - I have always admired Brigitte Giblin's work..... goodness knows when I will do one of the projects from this book - meanwhile I may just have to add to my stash!


A few finds from a Vinnie's store - always good for a poke around.....


 And...home on Saturday via lunch at my sister's place in Bundanoon (Southern Highlands) where the trees are all "dressed" in their beautiful Autumn colours - even though it was overcast....


Back to work today :( ..... 

Will be back again tomorrow to post my OPAMs for the month.....nearly finished!!!
Happy Stitching
Asta

No comments:

Post a Comment